Monday, February 27, 2012

My first NOTD post - Avon

   As far as I've noticed, many of us are also passionate about our manicure, along with face make-up and bodycare :D I almost constantly have my nails painted, usually in either a dark shade (-most of the time) or if it's a vibrant color, it's most likely a more unusual one.
   The color I picked for my nails today is a pretty interesting one and it's good for both a more rebellious look (like mine) but can be very elegant as well. It's Avon Nailwear Pro in Wicked. For a sucker for dark colors as I am, this is a perfect nailpolish. It is like a suuuuper dark (almost black) reddish brown. In certain types of light it looks black almost, though it contains very tiny discrete red shimmer particles, to reflect the light. So I could maybe say it is an extremely dark bronze towards rotten cherry sort of color, but it's too hard to explain so I will leave you with some unsuccessful pictures :D


-daylight-

-flash-


Could someone recommend me a similar lipstick?? :D

Note! Reviews contain my personal honest opinion about the product. 

s_laura2812@yahoo.com

5 comments:

  1. now that is the most beautiful red nailpolish ive ever seen! and sorry about the lipstick but i have no idea, looking for myself but will tell you when i found one XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D This is indeed great and kinda trippy, since it sometimes seems black, sometimes red-ish but great balance between the two :P The only thing is that not even after one day it started chopping after a shower :/ and I had 2 layers and a top coat. Maybe I should find a better top coat :o3 Oh yes pleaaase let me know if you find something like this! :D

      Delete
  2. Have you checked out Morgana Cryptoria lipsticks? She's got a few that are so dark they're almost black. Also, my easy go to for dark lips is Revlon Blackberry paired with a black liner.

    Your nails are ridiculously pretty. Love this color too! (I used to sell Avon just for the discount but I ended up spending more than I made so I stopped ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, never heard of that before but I just checked them out and wow <3 some of them are really really smashing, I'd love to wear them! There is a dark blue one with reflexes, ahh! Thank you for the advice! :D Oh yes same here, I used to sell Avon too but then people didn't pay and stuff and I had to give my money and didn't earn anything, just lost :P too bad though, I love a lot of their products!

      Delete
  3. Nice nail polish.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete