I recently received a package from Born Pretty, containing two products, for testing and review purposes. As always, I couldn't wait to see them, so I opened it on the way home. I must say, the packaging struck me right away! Soooooooooo cute, just look below! They let me choose the items, so I picked this Natual Herbs Whitening BB Cream Moisture Cover-up and Criss Cross False Eyelash, a set of 5 pairs. Here are the products, and stay tuned for detailed reviews! Am primit recent un colet de la Born Pretty, ce continea doua produse, pentru testare si review. Ca de obicei, am fost nerabdatoare sa le vad, ma omora curiozitatea, asa ca am deschis pachetul in drum spre casa. Ce pot sa spun, ambalajele m-au cucerit instantaneu! Sunt incredibil de 'dulci', uitati-va mai jos doar! M-au lasat pe mine sa aleg produsele, asa ca am ales acest Natual Herbs Whitening BB Cream Moisture Cover-up si un pachet de 5 perechi de gene false, Criss Cross False Eyelash. Acestea sunt produsele, va urma bineinteles cate un review detaliat pentru fiecare in parte!
I've had several around the house (the classic Ruby Rose kits, the green lipsticks that used to turn red on lips, etc.). Though they weren't actually mine, so around the age of 13, the first item I bought with my own money was a Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds (I think?) lipstick, in a light nude shade.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specification?
Since my lashes are pretty short and break easily, I always seek the mascara that will give them length, firstly, and some volume. Should be as black as possible and preferably waterproof. Whenever I go somewhere (go out, to festivals, long walks and so) I don't like having to focus on re-applying make-up too much, I just prefer it to stay put in the first place. A recent favourite was Catchy Eyes by GOSH, and I remember using an awesome mascara by Maybelline, but I couldn't tell you the name since I forgot.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Longer ago, I always opted for as high as possible coverage, loved the 'gothic porcelain doll' look and felt bad about my tiny spots and pores...just about everything. But I've recently found that medium coverage now works much better for me and I like that more natural look. :)
4. Favourite high end brand?
I love the Laura Mercier products that I own, I reach for the lip plumpers and Shimmer Bloc quite often, though I also try to make them last longer (pretty expensive) !
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
Hmmm, I guess I could say Benefit and NARS, but there are plenty more! I'd also love to try Kat Von D's products!
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I guess I'll go with Rimmel London, I have a lot of great Rimmel products, not all of them worked for me, though. But I've been using their Stay Matte pressed powder since I was 14 years old. Tried some others meanwhile, but always returned to this! Also their ScandalEyes Waterproof gel liner was a good investment!
7. Do you wear eyelashes?
Not too often, really...mostly for pictures and make-up experiments, but when going out or so, I find that they are usually uncomfortable. I do sometimes go with individual ones in the outer corners of my eyes though!
8. Is there a kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
I guess the most 'multifunctional' piece that can save me in unexpected situations would be a black eyeliner pencil. If I have that with me, my brows and eyes feel safe, and that is the most important part for me. But I usually carry an eyeliner pencil, one or two smaller eyeshadow palettes, a liquid liner, a mascara, travel size foundation, brush and powder (if I forget the powder, I sometimes cheat with a bit of skin-colored eyeshadow to set the foundation *blushing*). I am obsessed, right? :D
9. What is your must cherished beauty product?
As I said, a black eyeliner, and a dark eyeshadow for crease color does wonders for me. Though I don't have a specific product for this.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick a item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Both answers depend on my budget at the moment! Sometimes I spontaneously buy one or two products, sometimes I set goals and put money aside to order several things I need or want.
11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or spend freely?
Oops, I just answered that above! :D Depends on the moment.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Of course, if I am lucky and have one at hand! Too bad I am usually too lazy to hunt for sales and special offers.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I guess eyelashes, since I also work as a make-up artist, and the Rimmel powder mentioned above - if it comes to things I NEED. If it comes to GUILTY PLEASURES, I would say eyeshadow! I love putting the accent on eyes and having lots of colors to play with.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I don't think so...though I could say I was disappointed in all the Vichy products I've tried so far.
15. Do you avoid ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Honestly, eventhough I usually look at the list of ingredients and try to avoid these sometimes, I am not as paranoid as I should be when it comes to this part. Just mostly with the make-up I use on my clients so that they won't have any bad reactions.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for make-up?
Nope; I shop for make-up wherever I see something I want.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like trying new products, but I have some that are never missing from near my bathroom mirror...like, a Balea facewash, a Balea face scrub with aloe, etc. They do a good job for me so I like to have them just in case!
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Hmmmm......tough one, since I am obsessed with these things and I always have so many. I liked quite a few from the Avon Naturals and Senses 'families' (especially their strawberry and chocolate body scrubs, also tropics but I ran out), tooons of delicious Balea products, a Bourjois body scrub/shower gel but I don't remember the fragrance, and so on.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Pfff, I don't know, since the brand is not really a criteria when I shop for make-up, the product itself is. But I guess I'd go wiiiith Rimmel London maybe? They have variety, it's affordable and they have my holy grail powder. :D
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging? Although I usually like simple packages, black if possible (seems like the most elegant), I also love how cute Soap and Glory products are!
21. Which celebrity always has the great makeup? Weeell, I honestly listen most to rock music and watch underground movies, so I don't spend much time observing the 'mainstream' part really, so if we are to go with my style of make-up, I'd say Tarja Turunen. She always seems to have flawless skin, dark eye make-up and pale or dark lips. (Oh, and she does not have a so-called 'dewy' finish on her face, which just looks oily to me, honestly. Also, no thick, dark eyebrows, yay!)
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Hmmm, I have a GlamExpress and a makeupbee account.
23. Favourite beauty gurus?
Pixiwoo and Petrilude. :D
24. Do you like multifunctional product like lip and cheek stains? Sure, why not!
25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup? Nope, the long years of exercise paid off. :)
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Yes. I can't even imagine how I could live without it back in my teen years!
27. How many hair products do you use in a typical day? I try not to use any, only a hair growth treatment (Alopexy).
28. What do you apply first, concealar or foundation? I don't really use concealer on myself, I just dab a bit more foundation if I have problematic spots.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I did take make-up classes in 2010, and I want to take more of them in the future.
30. What do you love about makeup? What's not to love?? First of all, the possibility of expressing your own personality, the endless possibilities of looking a bit different every day. And, of course, highlighting of your traits you like, and concealing 'flaws'.
As the end of the year is approaching, I want to have a little retrospective on some of the work I have done this year. I love what I do and I am mostly glad that my clients are happy with it, too! :) I will try posting in chronological order (the first ones, older, and going towards the newer ones). I still have X-mas and New Year make-up appointments, but I will do a separate post on that, since I have too many pictures anyway and I must select anyway. Hope you enjoy, and you can check out the rest on my Facebook, Make Up PixiedustVisuals ! :D
p.s. I must mention that a lot of the make-up was not totally up to me, my clients specified how they want me to do it, so we had to mix their expectations with my imagination. Also, all the photos were taken with their consent. :)
Şi anul acesta se apropie de sfârşit, aşa că vreau să le acord această postare clientelor mele, o retrospectivă a câtorva machiaje realizate de-a lungul anului. Iubesc ceea ce fac, şi mă bucură mai ales să îmi văd clientele mulţumite! :) Voi încerca să postez poze în ordine cronologică (primele vor fi cele mai vechi şi coborâm spre cele mai recente). Voi face o postare separată pentru machiajele pe care le voi face de sărbători, deoarece oricum sunt foarte multe poze, şi şi aşa va trebui să selectez. Sper să vă placă, şi puteţi vedea şi restul pe Facebook-ul meu, Make Up PixiedustVisuals ! :D
p.s. Ţin să menţionez că multe dintre machiaje au fost făcute conform specificaţiilor clientelor, aşa că am amestecat cerinţele lor cu imaginaţia mea. De asemenea, toate pozele au fost făcute cu consimţământul lor. :)
Before and After:
I have some more make-up works I would like to post, but I'll make a PART 2! Stay tuned! ;) Mai am câteva lucrări pe care aş vrea să le postez, dar voi face o A DOUA PARTE. Pupici!
So, Christmas is getting closer and closer! What is one of the main things we think about related to the winter holidays? That is right: CHOCOLATE. So I did a darker, elegant look yesterday, and honestly don't remember all of the products I used...I just wanted to free my mind and mix no-name products with high-end ones, and here is the result. I hope you like it! :)
Crăciunul se apropie pe zi ce trece! Care este unul din primele lucruri la care ne gândim când ne amintim de sărbătorile iernii? Aşa este: CIOCOLATĂ. Aşa că, am creat un look mai dark, mai elegant. Sincer, nu ţin minte toate produsele folosite...am vrut doar să îmi eliberez mintea şi să amestec produse no-name cu produse de la firme mai respectate, şi acesta e rezultatul. Sper să vă placă! :)
Hello! Autumn is here, and eventhough for some strange reason I feel pretty excited about it, I can't say I'm not already looking back melancholically to the summer that just ended....or almost ended. Therefore, I thought of showing you one of this summer's looks, a very colorful look I wore one day...one in which the eyes definitely pop because of the crazy colors and rhinestones!
Bună dimineaţa! Încet-încet se apropie şi toamna, şi, deşi într-un mod ciudat anul ăsta mă cam bucură venirea şi atmosfera ei, tot mai privessc cu melancolie în urmă, după vara care tocmai s-a terminat...sau aproape s-a terminat. Aşadar, m-am gândit să vă arăt una dintre machiajele acestei veri, un look foarte colorat, în care cu siguranţă ies în evidenţă ochii, datorită culorilor vibrante şi strasurilor!
I can't remember exactly the products I used for this, but I'll do my best to focus on that detail in the next looks I will post :) So, do you like it?
Nu mai ţin minte exact ce produse am folosit pentru acest machiaj, dar mă voi strădui să îi acord acelui detaliu mai multă atenţie la următoarele look-uri :) Deci ce ziceţi, vă place?