Thursday, October 18, 2012

MUSIC TAG from Silvia

   Actually, I stole this tag from Silvia! :D Seemed like a very fitting one for me, as I have music on non-stop, no matter what I do or where I am. For example, throughout the years, I've gotten to the point where I can't walk on the street without headphones in, it simply bothers me how boring it is (if I am alone, of course!).

   Since I was a small little brat, I was always fascinated by music, Aqua used to be my favourite band since I was in the 2nd grade or so and for quite a while. I still like them, even if it's hard to believe :P . I actually still like the pop music of the '90s, it was awesome in compare to today's retarded commercial 'blow my whistle' junk, if I am to be completely honest. It also had a more alternative twist to it, extravagance wasn't a negative thing and there was more freedom of expression with 'trends' and all... Remember Babylon Zoo - Spaceman? Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love? etc... Mtv, what happened to you?...Anyway! As music is practically air for me but I have no talent to create it (unfortunately), I've started a project of music journalism on Playdeadnation to support everything about alternative (rock, metal, industrial, punk, etc.) music and lifestyle in general. I could go rant on endlessly about music, but let's get to the actual songs! I will have to choose about 5 at least for every category, because my taste in music is VERY versatile. And also, I'll pick the softer ones that a larger group of people has 'nerves' for. :D


1. Which is the song you've had on repeat the most lately?

I often have songs on repeat, I always discover new obsessions and keep the old ones as well.
Celldweller & Ogre - Kill The Sound


Placebo - Scared Of Girls


2. What do you listen to when you are sad?

When I am sad or having a not so enthusiastic period of time, I usually listen to music to match my mood. Though I love the same kind of music even when I'm happy (and welcome the happy songs I adore even when I am sad), I prefer to use the songs that make me feel like there's no tomorrow as a drainpipe to live out my sadness. This first Placebo song is a BRILLIANT example:

Placebo - Space Monkey


Hungry Lucy - A Girl Alone
                                              Sentenced - No One There (very very touching video)
Anathema - Untouchable, Part 1
Orgy - Pure
Tricky - Bury The Evidence


3. If a movie were made about your life, what song would you choose as a part of the soundtrack?

Well well, I could think of way too many here, but I'll try to pick some of the most accurate ones.

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows



4. What song makes you dance instantly when you hear it?

I'm not a huge fan of dancing, only if I'm hyperactive and maybe if I had some drinks, haha. And I prefer industrial. Otherwise, I think headbanging is more like my thing because of my musical preferences. 

            Nine Inch Nails - Wish !!!!!!!

                                                   Rammstein - Ich Will (or anything from Rammstein really!)
                                                        Grendel - New Flesh (oh the memories, nice harsh electro :D)


5. What song would you like played at your funeral?

Gee, I haven't thought too much about this :P But I guess...

Dope - My Funeral
Dope is one of my favourite bands, genius lyrics and this is the most acurate song for this question :D

                                                            Pain - Bye/Die (this is actually a very dynamic song, but I'd want a kickass party at my funeral so,... :P )


6. What song would you associate love with, in your own vision?

Hmm... as far as I believe in love, in the real world it's something like...friendship + chemistry, which can last more or less. Then there are the ideal situations painted in fairy tales and soap operas :P

Type O Negative - Love You To Death
I adore Type O Negative and I think their music was extremely erotic mixed with romantic. RIP Peter Steele.... :(



7. What song is your current ringtone?

I just had 3 ringtones recently, that I remember:




8. Of all the songs you've heard so far, which do you think is most erotic?

I know tons of sexy songs, but I'll try to pick some.

Depeche Mode - Dirt

       Noblesse Oblige - Daddy (Don't Touch Me There) (such a perverted song, love it)
George Michael - Too Funky (for some reason this song always brought me kinky thoughts :P)


To be continued...





s_laura2812@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! I didn' think TOO much about them, just what popped into my mind, but I adore them <3

      Delete